The best magazine
How to Make a Tutu Hair Bow
Simple Tutu Hair Bow
- 1). Cut tulle of any color or set of colors into strips approximately 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. The ends should be cut diagonally or to a point. Each tutu hair bow requires about 20 strips of tulle.
- 2). Fold one strip of tulle in half and hold onto it about an inch from the folded end.
- 3). Thread the folded end of the tulle through the middle of the elastic hair tie.
- 4). Grab the loose ends of the tulle and insert them through the hole created by the folded end of the tulle.
- 5). Pull the loose ends tightly to secure the tulle on the elastic hair tie.
- 6). Repeat with additional pieces of tulle, alternating colors if desired, until the entire elastic hair tie has been filled with tulle.
Tulle and Ribbon Tutu Hair Bow
- 1). Cut 10 strips of tulle measuring 2 inches by 6 inches each. This bow looks best if the tulle strips are all the same color.
- 2). Thread a needle with 8 inches of thread of the same color as your tulle.
- 3). Sew a couple stitches across the width of one of the pieces of tulle halfway across its length. Use the same thread to sew across each of the other pieces until they are all threaded on.
- 4). Tighten the thread to cinch the tulle pieces together. Wind the thread around all of the pieces a few times, sew through the middle a couple times and tie it off.
- 5). Make a small bow with ribbon between 1/4 and 1/2 inch wide. Each loop of the bow should extend about 1.5 to 2 inches from the center. Sew or knot the bow to keep it together.
- 6). Glue the center of the tulle bow to a small barrette or alligator hair clip with hot glue or another strong craft glue. Glue the ribbon bow on top of the tulle bow.
- 7). Cut a short strip of the ribbon and glue it around the center of the two types of bows to cover any unsightly stitches.
- 8). Fluff the tulle out and trim the ends if necessary to give the bow a cleaner look.